Sunday, January 30, 2005

Back from PastorĀ“s Camp

I made it back yesterday from camp. It was a busy week. My job was to run games for the teens each morning, wash dishes for the little kids, serve meals, and help out wherever needed. I had some time to hear Dr. Jordan preach each morning, and that was a great encouragement. First English message in a long time! He challenged me in many ways, and one of them is how I use my time. I may not have hours to dedicate to prayer and study each day, but I have moments. Five minutes here, and ten minutes there. These add up. Yet, I cannot live on these moments, but also need the hours, the afternoons, and the specific days of study. I have been challenged to seek the face of my God as David did throughout the Psalms.

The week also offered some new experiences. I have always joked about having an intestinal worm, and now I think I have a few of them. At least, the doctor is making us all take medicine to get rid of the parasites. Personally I rather enjoy going through the food line and telling them that I will be eating for 1,700. Motherhood has its perks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home