Sunday, January 23, 2005

Home at last! (for one more day)

We made it back from out trip to the jungle safely. We arrived yesterday at 3:00 after a 16 or 17 hour bus ride with enough time to wash my clothes and make it to college and career meeting.
We were able to see many decisions made and kids saved over this past week. It was exciting to see teenagers giving their lives over to Christ and then bringing their friends to hear about Jesus.
My week included leading games for 60 crazy little kids, helping with songs and crafts, and keeping control (or attempting too). We also sang specials in the evenings and did several skits. When we werent working we were hanging out at the river. The temperature got pretty high, so I spent what time I could soaking in the river and playing with little kids.
One answer to prayer was that we did not have problems with cockroaches. When we arrived they told us that there really were not many around because the big rats eat them. That gave me comfort when I was sleeping on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home