Sunday, February 20, 2005

So what are you preaching on?

Well, thank you for asking. Each Sunday morning for the month of February I have brought a challenge for the Baptist church of Musa. We started on Feb. 6 with James 1:22-25, Put the Word to Practice. This was a encouragement and challenge to me to not just prepare lessons and write up nice outlines, but actually live what God is teaching me.

Last week, Feb. 13, we looked at James 3:1-12, Watch what you Say. This came after an interesting week at Kid´s Camp, when I had plenty of opportunities to practice guarding my tongue. Whenever I think I have something down, God has to show me again how far I really have to go.

Today, Feb. 20, we jumped back to James 1, and hit verses 19-21, Quick to Hear, Slow to Speak, Slow to get Angry. Another fitting passage to meditate on during Jr. High Camp week. God is continually working on my speedy judgements and lacking listening abilities.

Over all, the Holy Spirit has been using James to pound simple truths into my everyday life, and I am extremely grateful that He hasn´t finished with me yet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home